Help using this website
The County Textile Services Ltd website has been designed with accessibility issues in mind and has been tested in various ways to meet accessibility standards.
- All pages on this site comply with all priority 1, 2, and in most cases, 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Please bear in mind that many of these guidelines are intentionally vague and can therefore not really be tested automatically.
- All pages on this site aim to validate as HTML 4.01 Strict, and use CSS 2.1 for visual presentation. Use of tables for non-tabular information is kept to a minimum.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles.
- Pages can be navigated and its content read without requiring the use of a mouse.
- Cascading styles sheets are used for visual layout
- If stylesheets are unsupported by your browser, the content of the pages is still readable
- Images used only as part of the overall site design have null ALT attributes
- For those who do use a mouse (with a wheel) text size can be adjusted by holding down the CONTROL key on the keyboard and moving the mouse wheel accordingly
- Fonts sizes used are relative
- Content images (i.e. those not used for overall site design) used on this site include descriptive ALT attributes
- In order to make a clear distinction for those using screen readers, all adjacent navigation links are separated by non-links
- Where required, links employ title attributes to describe the destination in greater detail
- Links are written to still make sense, even out of context
- Where the destination of a given link will take the user to a new window, this is clearly indicated for the visually impaired
- Adjacent links are always separated by non-link text
- All of the input elements in the forms on this site are marked up with label tags